PDA

View Full Version : Gray Catbird on Sumac.

Daniel Cadieux
12-10-2017, 06:31 PM
This species is not rare by any means locally, in season, but to see one in December is a treat...and to get one to pose so nicely on a yet to be bare sumac flower is an added bonus.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, a few highlights in the BG toned down via burn tool, and a couple of harder edged lines in it smoothed out as well via cloning, darkend pupil. NR to BG.

Juan Tolentino
12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Nice pose, composition and a beautiful perch Daniel. The background looks a little noisy on my screen, but can be my monitor. Thank you for sharing.

Glenn Pure
12-10-2017, 08:56 PM
So much to like here Daniel. For a grey bird, it looks absolutely gorgeous because of the great detail and tone you've captured and rendered. That bright flower provides a great contrast and perch too. Background is excellent (no noise visible on my screen) and composition works although I'd be tempted to try a touch off the bottom to see how that looked.

gail bisson
12-11-2017, 08:32 AM
What's not to like?
Great perch, BG and love the red contrasting with the grey,
Gail

Raybel Robles
12-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Beautiful scene here, lovely perch, all good all around. Noise is a bit noticeable in my monitor but only because I looked for it because the commments.

Isaac Grant
12-11-2017, 09:13 PM
Great perch and the bird looks really good. I still don't have an acceptable image of one and they nest in my yard! My only wish was that the shooting angle was a bit less steep.

Matt Shellenberg
12-11-2017, 09:29 PM
That sumac makes a beautiful perch, Daniel. I like that stately pose. The background colors are awesome.

Bill Dix
12-12-2017, 09:18 AM
How to make a handsome frame out of a commonplace bird. The sumac really adds to it. I could imagine a version with a little less on the bottom and little more on top. If I look at the BG with a critical eye it does seem just a tad noisy.