PDA

View Full Version : Foothills Sunrise

Lynn Wiezycki
06-22-2008, 05:03 PM
Foothills Parkway, TN- ISO 100, 80-200mm lens at 120, 1/50s at f/16. Cropped slightly and magenta filter applied.

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi Lynn,
Nice layering effect with the atmosphere. You appear to have a flare (2 very faint) on the left center side of the frame and the FG foothill trees appear a bit soft. Not sure of the magenta filter for my tastes.......maybe a bit of a peach/warm tone...........but that is personal preference. A bit more tweaking to accentuate the layers even more would help. If you do correct.......re-post it here so we can compare.

Robert Amoruso
06-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Hello Lynn and welcome to the forum and BPN.

I agree with Roman that the layering effect works well and is a time honored means of conveying depth in an image. Nice going. Some curves adjustment on the different layers can open up the FG details . I would suggest doing three different curves adjustments on the three FG mountain slopes by making a selection of each and then selecting a curves adjustment. This way you can work each layer independently. One selection of the FG layers (the darker ones) may surfice with a curves adjustment to that. Place a point at the midpoint on the curve and pull up and left to lighten up the area are reveal more detail.