11-27-2017, 07:12 PM
Nikon D750
300.0 mm f/2.8 + 2.0x TC

ƒ/8.0
1/1600s
ISO 1000

Isaac Grant
11-27-2017, 07:46 PM
I like the pose and reflection. Love the water color. I wish at least one of the feet were fully visible. Also think you have a yellow cast on the bird.

Jack Backs
11-27-2017, 08:03 PM
I really like this one. It has a kind of ethereal look to it. I agree the white balance of the bird is off.

Noel Heustis
11-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Ray, I really like the BG, the stillness of the water, the reflection, and the perspective. It looks like you were really close and probably wet to get this image. Were you on your belly?

Raybel Robles
11-27-2017, 08:38 PM
I like the pose and reflection. Love the water color. I wish at least one of the feet were fully visible. Also think you have a yellow cast on the bird.

Now that you mention it, I do see the slight yellow cast on the bird. I will correct that, thanks for pointing it out. Regarding the feet unfortunately there's small grables by where the birds usually walk that hide the feet most of the time here.

Ray, I really like the BG, the stillness of the water, the reflection, and the perspective. It looks like you were really close and probably wet to get this image. Were you on your belly?

Yes, I was flat out on the ground on a muddy and wet grounds :)

David Salem
12-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Wow, I just opened this and what a great shorebird shot!! This has all the makings of a great shot. Colors, detail, foreground, background, light angle and head angle are all killer and I really like the strip of stones running down the middle. Oh, and a nice soft reflection too. One of the best shorebird frames I have seen in a long time.:w3

Arthur Morris
01-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Hey Ray, This is superb; it looks like Jamaica Bay with rocks instead of mud :) I would either like to see the bird farther back in the frame or with a crop from the left; as presented, the subject is too centered for me.

with love, artie