PDA

View Full Version : Grumpy Eastern Screech-Owl.

Daniel Cadieux
11-23-2017, 06:48 PM
This locally well known individual is normally a relaxed fella, but on this particular morning it had a "do not disturb" type of allure to it. It soon settled down to its more familiar and friendlier posture.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/200s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, FF, darkened the pupils a tad, and removed a couple of dark spots inside the cavity.

Arthur Morris
11-23-2017, 07:04 PM
Neat-o. Was the inside of the cavity lit by natural light? Quite sharp at 1/200 sec. hand held with a 7D II :)

with love, a

Daniel Cadieux
11-23-2017, 07:11 PM
Thanks Artie! Yes, the inside of the cavity is all natural lighting. Possibly the best cavity in the city, and this owl uses it as its preferred hangout :S3:.

Glenn Pure
11-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Brilliant, Daniel. Love that look which is priceless. Tone, colour and detail all look wonderful to me and the composition work well, I think. No nits from me on this one. I'd love to get a photo like this myself but owl sightings are a real rarity for me. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Dix
11-24-2017, 06:13 PM
Really giving you the cross-eyed look. Nice to get some light in the cavity, as noted; and it doesn't feel like too steep an angle, which has been my problem with limited sightings of these guys.

Isaac Grant
11-25-2017, 06:08 PM
This is super cool. Bird looks great and I love the whole feel of the shot. I am still shocked at what sort of super human strength you must have to hand hold at those slow shutter speeds and have it look perfect.