PDA

View Full Version : Red-billed Horn Bill

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-14-2017, 12:36 PM
A portrait of a RBHB from Ruaha NP, Tanzania (in 2016)
5D III
1/1600
f/7.1
ISO 400

William Dickson
11-14-2017, 03:38 PM
Lovely looking image. At first I thought the HA was away from us, but on looking closer, the bill makes for a good HA. Nice details on the bird. The colours on the bill make a good impact against the lovely coloured BG. I would be tempted to raise the shadows, on the head a little. Very nice Sanjeev.

Will

Abhijit Deshpande
11-15-2017, 01:49 AM
Fantastic image here. Love the colours & the overall feel of the image. Nice details on the bill as well. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
11-15-2017, 09:21 AM
Lovely shot Sanjeev, I feel you could get some more detail in the bill, here is a suggestion:

Arthur Morris
11-15-2017, 12:01 PM
Image design very nice. And sharp enough. Whenever you choose to or are forced to work off sun angle you will run into problems especially with the evenness of the exposure. Here at the least the face needs to be opened up. In addition, the nictitating membrane is covering the front half of the eye.

For my repost I ran my NIK 40-40 recipe on the face and neck. I added 60 points of MAGENTA to the REDs in Selective Color. Then I used a small flopped Quick Mask and the Clone Stamp Tool to repair the eye. Last was a bit of bill clean-up.

All as detailed in the new guide, DB II. (http://birdsasart-shop.com/the-birds-as-art-current-workflow-e-guide-digital-basics-ii/)

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
11-15-2017, 12:36 PM
Thanks a lot William, Abhijit, Jon & Artie (our bird Guru:bg3:). Much appreciated. Thank you Jon & Artie for your RPs, they have certainly given some great tips as to how to get the best out of my image. Will work on it.