PDA

View Full Version : Lotus pod

Douglas Bolt
01-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Canon 1DM2, 24x105 @105, f5, 1/400, ISO 100, FF, HH. Tweaked a bit to get dark BG and saturated greens. Comments and suggestions most welcome.

doug

Chris Ober
01-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice and sharp with good placement in the frame of the pod. There are a few things I think keeping this from being stronger. The saturation is a bit over the top IMO and almost looks cartoonish. I would crop out the top green portion or shift position to eliminate it because to me, it only distracts from the subject. Less saturation would mute the bottom green band a bit which would also be of benefit I think. The last thing, which is probably nothing you could do about, is the bright orange spot on the stem (a bug?) I do like how the base of the bud and stem has the rim lighting with the top part almost like a spotlight. Heh....a shower head :)

Alfred Forns
01-09-2008, 07:59 AM
HI Douglas I know what you are trying to do with the framing but I think the idea Chris has is solid Makes for a stronger image I would leave just a bit of the green up top and clone it Bold colors and high impact Love it !!!

Douglas Bolt
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I like the suggestion about cropping from the top. Just scrolling with my browser so the green at the top of the image ends in about the middle of the image improves the feel of the pic considerably, in my opinion. However, I think a bit of a "top" to the image to convine and focus ones view on the pod seems to be a good thing.

I'm still thinking about reducing the saturation of the green.

As to the orange whatever on the side of the stem, my guess is pollen based on the color. But again for me, it adds a bit of interest and mystery to the image.

I'd certainly welcome futher thoughts on these, or other, points. I have not read the guidelines for posting very carefully, but would it be desirable to post a redu of the image?

doug

Chris Ober
01-10-2008, 09:14 PM
Sure you can repost one. We're here to learn and help and that's just one of the ways.

--
Chris