PDA

View Full Version : Black Skimmer

Tim Foltz
11-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Canon 1DX • 700 mm • 1/3200 • f/7.1 • ISO 500 • handheld • manual

In my area skimmers are a real treat and almost impossible to get one on the ground close enough to photograph.
During an extremely high tide a few years ago they were pushed up where we could shoot them at an angle where
a nesting fence for the least terns was not interfering. The past couple of years the skimmers have mostly been elsewhere,
I hope we have a comeback this spring.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Kirk Benson
11-07-2017, 11:54 PM
Wonderful portrait Tim, and yes, a very unique opportunity for us SoCal shooters. Beautiful light, techs are excellent as expected, and I really like seeing his shadow too. Well done my friend.

William Dickson
11-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Looking real good, almost 3D on my monitor. Great control on the blacks/whites. Well framed. with lovely detail. Well done Tim.

Will

David Salem
11-08-2017, 03:19 PM
Like Kirk mentioned, a very rare frame for us So Cal shooters. Lots of flight shots but none on the beach. Got them in Florida like this. Nice details and exposure on this handsome fellow. Well done

Glenn Pure
11-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Amazing looking birds and beautifully presented in this image Tim. Great pose from the bird and your mastery of tone and colour show here on what is a difficult subject in difficult light. Shadow sets this off nicely and simple but effective composition.

Abhijit Deshpande
11-09-2017, 03:17 AM
Wonderful image. Love the detailing on the beak. Nice