PDA

View Full Version : Canada Goose

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-07-2017, 12:49 AM
Hi All,

This image was taken in Sugar House Park, Salt lake city couple of weeks back. Image was taken at sunset, with the reflection of trees as background color. Pretty common bird in winter here in Utah, I wanted to make it interesting image with the choice of background colors.

Nikon D500, 300mm f/4 +1.4x TCIII
ISO 1000, f/5.6, 1/250 sec

Minimal Post processing, Noise Reduction and Sharpening

Let me know your comments.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks
Krishna

arash_hazeghi
11-07-2017, 03:24 AM
good composition, the BG is nice bit it is a bit too saturated and bright for this subject. sharp with good details. you may want to warm the tones on the CG a bit, it looks too dull for sunset

TFS

Glenn Pure
11-07-2017, 06:00 AM
Really interesting shot, Krishna. Lovely catchlight on the bird's eye and the background is spectacular. Detail and tone on the bird look very nice. The composition is difficult here but I think this works quite well. I'd be interested to see any shots you have with more of the bird visible against that background. Thanks for sharing.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-07-2017, 03:54 PM
good composition, the BG is nice bit it is a bit too saturated and bright for this subject. sharp with good details. you may want to warm the tones on the CG a bit, it looks too dull for sunset

TFS

This was taken at sunset time, with the sun behind mountains. I wish I had flash with me and next time will try to get this image with fill flash.

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Thank you Glenn, unfortunately this is the only shot, there were lot of other birds (Canada Goose) very close to each other so I did not get any opportunity to photograph the whole bird. I will try again..