PDA

View Full Version : WT Sea eagle - Banking

Steve Kaluski
11-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Another from the trip, as this WT Sea Eagle swept round and banked. There is more room all round if folk think it's too tight. :S3:

Thanks to those who viewed or especially commented on the previous image.

Steve

Subject: White-tailed Sea Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) banking
Camera: Canon 1DX MKII
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/2500s at f/6.3 ISO1600
Original format: Portrait, almost FF on the height
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2017

Alex Becker
11-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Pretty sweet dynamic pose. I like the clenched claws and the view of the tail. Nice look at the eye too. I'm okay with the crop but could also see a bit more being good. Pretty cool that you can do BIF in portrait -- I've tried that a couple times and couldn't keep the bird in the frame. TFS

William Dickson
11-06-2017, 06:18 PM
Fabulous flight pose. Lovely feather detail and HA. I can feel the sense of speed in the image, and like the crop as is. Wheres the fish :w3

Will

arash_hazeghi
11-07-2017, 03:29 AM
pretty dynamic pose Steve, you wish those talons and the beak were open!

Steve Kaluski
11-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Cheers Alex & Will.

you wish those talons and the beak were open!

OOOH you are such a hard man to please Arash :bg3:, watch this space... :w3

Jonathan Ashton
11-07-2017, 11:37 AM
Great shot Steve I am happy with the crop as is. I think you caught the situation perfectly. I am looking at the talons and bill and I would suggest lowering the luminance in yellow at raw, there is slight clipping in the jpeg.

Glenn Pure
11-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Brilliant pose and position here, Steve. Detail is superb as is your signature standard. Colours great but I wonder if the highlights are just a touch too strong here? I think the composition works well although I could also see this working as a wider-than-high crop/frame as I think this would emphasise the banking position of the bird. These are minor points though on what is a remarkably good shot.