PDA

View Full Version : Common Raven

Krishna Prasad kotti
11-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Hi All,

Here is another image from my recent Bryce Canyon National Park Trip.

Common Raven was curious with what I am trying to do, Apparently everyone is photographing landscapes and not photographing it ....

Nikon D500, 300 f/4
ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/640 sec
Manual Mode, Matrix Metering

Post processing:-

Image had blue color cast, which was eliminated in Photoshop, I cropped a bit at the bottom and remove blue items at the top left using content aware fill.
Nik Color effect (30-30) on the bird, Noise reduction using Neat Image

I like the high key look of the image. I wish, the image did no have the bright patch of light which created highlights, I could not do anything about the same.

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks
Krishna

Glenn Pure
11-03-2017, 05:37 PM
I think you've achieved quite a good result in difficult circumstances, Krishna. I can see good detail and tone on all of the bird - and it is clearly very interested in what you are doing (or maybe looking what food you have?). I think it might be possible to extract a bit more contrast on the front of bird through a selective adjustment to that part. Colour balance looks good. I wonder if a slightly tighter crop would work better here - maybe worth a try?

Tim Foltz
11-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Krishna, Hi key shots are always hard as far as subject matter goes, I wonder if this would look better in B&W?
anther thing that's missing for me is the awesome beak of the Raven.

-Tim