PDA

View Full Version : Wood Duck in Autumn Colours.

Daniel Cadieux
10-31-2017, 04:52 AM
There was some nice reds and greens reflecting in a certain spot of a pond, so I offered some corn in that strategic spot to lure the Wood Ducks into those colours.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/320s., f/4, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop after slight rotation, a few of spots in the water removed via spot healing brush.

Alex Becker
10-31-2017, 08:36 AM
Such nice colors throughout. The BG looks like a watercolor. Colors and detail on the bird are great. I'm always impressed at the detail you can get at pretty low shutter speeds. No nits from me, a very solid portrait. TFS

Jonathan Ashton
10-31-2017, 11:09 AM
I just love the colours Dan absolutely gorgeous. I understand the portrait crop but I really really would like to see a pano version.

Bill Dix
10-31-2017, 11:29 AM
Your usual fine techs, and what gorgeous colors. It's almost as if the water is trying to compete with the duck, or vice versa.

Bob Smith
10-31-2017, 01:27 PM
Nicely conceived and created Daniel.The colours of this species often appear overdone but in this image you've really captured the individual feather structure on the head and neck beautifully with a nice soft touch. The presentation of BG colours is inspired.

Isaac Grant
10-31-2017, 03:03 PM
This is so cool. Really does look like a painting. I will say it again that you must have super human strength to hand hold at such slow shutter speeds! I agree with Jonathan. This is too good to not want to see more.

William Dickson
10-31-2017, 05:43 PM
Pretty cool frame. Agree with Jon, and I would also like to see a pano version.

Will

Glenn Pure
11-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Yes, yes, yes... a really superb frame. Great detail, great colour and a gorgeous bird posing perfectly. I'd be interested too in seeing a landscape version if you had one but I suspect it won't work as well as the bird will start to get lost in the background and foreground colour. As a huge wall print though, a different story. You do have good technique to hand hold that tank of a lens although I imagine not so difficult if short bursts. Those image stabilisers are life savers. Superb - wish it was mine.