PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker

Rey Sta Ana
06-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Got a chance to get close to a Philippine Pygmy Woodpecker, this is the smallest of the woodpeckers that ranges in our country.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2599434093_c00b487c60_o.jpg

Arthur Morris
06-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Good exposure and a lovely new bird for just about all of us I would assume. And fairly sharp on the eye. The big problem is that the bird's head is angle away from you. In addition, the background branch is distracting as is the tiny stem on the bottom of the frame egde. Both can easily be removed with the Patch Tool if that fits your personal ethics. Lastly, if this is the nest hole go back often and make some great images to share with us.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-22-2008, 06:32 AM
I haven't seen images of this species, either. Thanks for sharing! The details and action look good. Adding to Artie's comments, I would desaturate the greens a few points and if you do that, you could fill the white spot in the upper left. Keep them coming!

Stephen Stephen
06-22-2008, 06:34 AM
I agree with all of Artie's comments. If you do decide to remove the branch and stem I might also suggest the bright white spot at the top left hand corner as well. Thank you for sharing.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
All has been covered in the previous comments but I wanted to add my thanks for sharing a species I have not seen before. I do hope you will be able to capture more in the furture and many thanks for sharing.