PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Rain

Colin Driscoll
10-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Taken at Lake Macquarie on the central east coast of Australia, in front of my house. Today was a top of 38 deg Celsius and one of nature's air conditioners, a southerly change burst through at sunset with winds around 40 knots. The evening temp dropped from 31 to 21 in half an hour.

5D3 16-35 mm @ 35 mm 1/500 f7 iso500 pretty much full frame with a slight crop to level the horizon. Color balance is true to the scene with a little dodging of the foreground water.

Andrew McLachlan
11-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Such a beautiful sky Colin! Good choice using a faster shutter speed to catch the details in the wispy clouds. This scene may have made a interesting image if two frames were captured and blended...one for the details of the wispy clouds and then a long exposure to smooth out the ocean waves...just a suggestion for additional options to consider while on location, but this is a very effective image as presented!

Don Railton
11-10-2017, 08:40 PM
Very Dynamic sky Colin.. and I like Andrews suggestion for the water.

Glenn Pure
12-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Great spot you live, Colin and nice image here. I have seen this type of condition and light emerge on rare occasions myself so well done for capturing a shot. The dark, moody feel is great and the look of the water great although it would be interesting to see a version as per Andrew's suggestion too. Not possible to rewind time though. Lot's for me to like here.