PDA

View Full Version : Grey Seal pup

Andreas Liedmann
10-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Hi all time for a single change in the flow of Bison images ....
Here is a sweet pup from Helgoland taken during pupping season in Dec 2016

Canon EOS 1Dx
EF 2,8 IS L 70-200 + 1,4 TC at 280 mm
HH

F 8 ; Iso 10000 ; 1/2000sec

Processed with DPP and PSCC2018 ; slightly cropped and canvas added to LHS for composition

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous postings

Cheers Andreas

Marc Mol
10-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Loving the low POV, colour and detail you've extracted here Andreas, the raised flipper and cheeky smirk on this pup really add to this image.

TFS

Glenn Pure
10-23-2017, 06:04 PM
I agree with all that Marc has said - lovely work here Andreas. And another great result at high ISO. The relatively shallow DOF works for me too. Very happy if this one was mine.

Jonathan Ashton
10-24-2017, 04:06 AM
Top notch Andreas, lovely results with the clean image and details. Looks like I'll have to consider Neat Image, I have been using Topaz but the results don't look any where near as good as yours.

Gerald Kelberg
10-24-2017, 03:27 PM
What a delightful creature - as Marc says - the cheeky smirk and the wave make it look most endearing.

Love the low POV, down in the sand and the fine detailed image.

I like the almost monochromatic look and had to look twice to see if it was processed that way or as it came!

William Dickson
10-24-2017, 05:33 PM
Beautiful looking image and that facial expression is priceless. Love the POV and the raised flipper.

Will

Rachel Hollander
10-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Hi Andreas - One of your best seal shots for me. It does look like its smirking. Nice detail and low pov. Does it need a slight cw rotation? Well done.

TFS,
Rachel

greg cowle
10-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Really like this image. What caps it for me is the sand scatter from the flipper captured with the fast shutter speed.
Greg

Andreas Liedmann
10-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Thanks so much folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Jon ... Neat Image is just one part of the process to achieve this result ....:bg3:....it starts with the raw file and then some little fine tuning in PS and not using NIK software :w3. Well that was more a joke with NIK

Steve Kaluski
10-26-2017, 05:47 AM
Hi Andreas, the raised flipper and trailing sand is a killer. POV spot on, but feel the choice in NI is a bit strong. Could look cool in a B/W conversion. In an ideal world having the head slightly toward the right with both eyes visible would for me have nailed the capture.

TFS
Steve