Tomasz Zawadzki
10-23-2017, 12:16 PM
Taken with:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
EF600mm f/4L IS II USM
ƒ/9.0
1/160
ISO 1600

First shot since over 2 months for me. But it is a start of autumn/winter bird feeder season for me. It was dark and cloudy this Sunday and shooting this guy in those conditions is not very easy :). But he managed to pose for few seconds.

Bill Dix
10-23-2017, 02:56 PM
A fine way to start the season. Perfect nuthatch pose, terrific mossy perch, lovely BG; and I like the fairly extreme comp. I don't know how similar the Eurasian Nuthatch is to our Red-breasted variety, but I could imagine that darkening just the bird just a tad (1 or 2 points of black) might bring out more of his color.

Bob Smith
10-23-2017, 03:35 PM
For a dark cloudy day you have really made the colours pop here Tomasz. You caught a unique pose, yet still with the head at a good angle and a nice spark in the eye. And I really like the way the BG colours coordinate so well with the bird's.

Tim Foltz
10-23-2017, 09:02 PM
Tomasz, I really like this shot, Nice details, colors and perch. My only nit is the distracting brown vertical branch in the BG.
You could easily remove it if you want, it's still a very nice picture.

-Tim

Isaac Grant
10-24-2017, 10:58 AM
I love the pose and perch. Details look great. I would loosen the crop a tiny bit all around, especially on the right side so the little mosses have some room and are not touching the edge of the frame. The tall vertical streak in the background is unfortunate, especially as it goes right through the birds head.

Tomasz Zawadzki
10-24-2017, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Arthur Morris
10-24-2017, 12:51 PM
Hi Tomasz, I am glad that you are out of practice ... Assuming that this is a set-up it would be best to get rid of the big out-of-focus stick in the BKGR with a pair of loppers (clippers) if need be. Otherwise fantastic as is usual.

with love, artie

Tomasz Zawadzki
10-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Thanks Arthur. I have bad news i am just warming up for the Autumn/Winter season :). I need to check and remove that branch in the background. I haven't noticed it while shooting but there has to be something out there.