PDA

View Full Version : Theme Bald Eagle

John Mack
10-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Eagle hanging out in the marsh in the early morning. Image adjustments in Lightroom.

Hand held, small crop.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Sigma 150-600 Contemporary
600mm
ISO 1600
f6.3
1/800sec

greg cowle
10-21-2017, 09:12 PM
John, I really like this image, until I scroll down to the bright reflection. If it were mine I'd crop squarish from the top, or maybe try a gradient filter to bring down the brightness at the bottom. I think it pulls the eye away from the eagle.
Greg

Colin Driscoll
10-22-2017, 05:57 AM
I like the idea of including the reflection but the bird itself could do with some brightening (dodging maybe) which could offset the brighter reflection. Overall the image is too busy with several horizontal changes. Perhaps crop at the top of the mist and if too tight expand the mist a bit. There is also a vertical reed reflected that isn't visible above so could be cloned out.

Daniel Cadieux
10-22-2017, 07:11 AM
I love the mood you portray here, very peaceful. It's unfortunate that the bottom part is so bright as it does pull the eye there. You could crop up from there, or tweak the highlights to lower the intensity.

Michael Thompson
10-22-2017, 09:55 AM
very nice! I love the different layers. the sky reflection doesn't work for me, I too would crop out the bright part