PDA

View Full Version : Female Mallard

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-18-2017, 11:43 PM
I tried to get right a sun angle and tried to create head portrait of the Mallard Duck. Pretty much a common Bird in Utah, USA for that matter.

Nikon D500, 300mm f/4
ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/2000

Let me know your comments and critiques.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks
Krishna

Isaac Grant
10-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Bird looks really nice. Great light. Like the blue water as well. I would add a bit of canvas above and take a bit off of the right hand side. Also you didn't mention the camera and lens.

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-19-2017, 06:50 PM
Bird looks really nice. Great light. Like the blue water as well. I would add a bit of canvas above and take a bit off of the right hand side. Also you didn't mention the camera and lens.

Hi Isaac,

I will correct the same

Glenn Pure
10-20-2017, 01:13 AM
Excellent light and detail in this shot, Krishna. They may be common but still beautiful looking plumage. Bird pops really well in that strong light and the background is nice and unobtrusive. I'm not as keen on the composition. I think this would work better as a tighter portrait. Thanks for sharing.

Alex Becker
10-20-2017, 09:46 AM
As mentioned, perhaps a common bird but a very nice shot. Light angle is great with nice details throughout. I also think a bit off the RHS would help. TFS

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Hi All,

Thank you for the comments. I agree I should have added a bit of canvas at the top.

This was already a heavy crop and hence did not crop the right portion of the image.

Thanks
Krishna