PDA

View Full Version : lilac fence

Pat Nighswander
06-21-2008, 09:08 PM
f 16 iso 400 1\160 75mm -2\3 ev

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Hi Pat,
You have a few things working against you here.......the harsg mid day light...........you handled well........but you clipped the main fence post at the bottom.......although you placed it in a perfect position. I would crop from the left and top proportionally to remove the sky altogether to further emphasize the fence line and lilacs. Compositionally making those adjustments in the field and and having a bit better lighting would make this a very pleasing flowerscape. I've re-posted a crop of what i am talking about .........so let me know what you think of it.

Pat Nighswander
06-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Yes I should see if I have one without the clipped post.. I was trying to avoid a street sign.. as for bad light... I saw it out the rear view mirror of my car and turned around for an image on my way to another location some distance away... thanks for the new pov..and reworking the image.. I like it..

Robert Amoruso
06-22-2008, 08:39 PM
I think Roman nailed it Pat - like the recrop. First thing I noticed was the clipped post which is not what you want your viewer to notice. The fence is a great leading line that draws a viewer into the image and you had the advantage here that you could frame it right from the end. For images like this, having the railings entering/exiting the frame is OK but kept those fence posts in.

Nice work with the perspective. Very colorful and even the strong light is not objectionable as you have no large areas of shadow. I can see why you made this image. Nice work and thanks for posting it.

Pat Nighswander
06-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I went back to my raw files and there was another viewpoint without the clipped post however I d id have to remove a street sighn and also used transform distort so the fence wasn't leaning so much... hope I post processed it the same thanks for the feedback guys.