PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at Hollow Rock

Paul Kammen
10-16-2017, 10:16 PM
Thanks for any feedback. Wasn't sure how much to adjust the sky and bring it down or enhance for contrast. This is along Lake Superior here in Minnesota, a favorite spot of mine to visit. I took another as well with more beach, but I think I like more sky. Thanks for the help on any tweaking, or maybe it's fine as is. Not sure if it's "overcooked" but I do want to show drama on the sky. Any thoughts on which is better, more or less beach? Thanks.

Canon 7D Mark II, 17mm, 2.0 sec, f/22, ISO 200

John Mack
10-18-2017, 07:33 AM
I prefer the second one the beach acts as a leading line to the starburst.

Don Lacy
10-24-2017, 09:58 AM
Hi Paul, I like the second image it more closely resembles the tones I would expect to see top images the dark tones are to bright. A few suggestions would be to tone down the bright area in the sky, add a bit more mid tone contrast , and the image needs more sharpening.

Don Railton
10-28-2017, 09:43 PM
Hi Paul.

I prefer the second also, and in keeping with Don L's comments, i might consider making the FG slightly darker.. It will help with the colour noise as as well. I would selectively add NR to the water and Sharpen the beach & island.. There is a small dust bunnie to the right of the star burst..

Don

Colin Driscoll
10-30-2017, 05:48 AM
To be different, I prefer the first for balance. However the images don't seem to have great resolution and quickly pixelate which gives them a noisy look.