PDA

View Full Version : Female Western Blue Bird

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-14-2017, 03:27 PM
This image was taken at Bryce Canyon National Park early Morning. I completely missed the exposure on this one and over exposed it by 2 stops. I was able to save it (at-least I think so)

Early morning and my set up was for photographing sunrise at Bryce, just before I started packing she came to my feet picked up a worm and then flew to the opposite perch. I just took shot just by raised the ISO forgot to increase the shutter speed (Manual Mode), I was not happy when I saw the back of the screen but was happy to save it through post processing.

Nikon D500, 300f/4 + 1.4x TCIII
ISO 1000, f/5.6, 1/200sec

Let me know your thoughts and comments.

Thanks for watching.

Thanks
Krishna

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2017, 02:48 AM
I have not seen one of these birds but I get the impression there is a fairly strong yellow cast on the image. I think the image is still a little bright. By means of illustration if you I make a levels layer and took a grey point measurement on the perch near the feet, I wonder if that is a little closer?

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2017, 05:22 PM
I too think the overall exposure can come down a bit more. Impressive how recoverable files can be. I like the pine setting and the overall pose, but I do think the subject is a bit big in the frame.

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-15-2017, 11:31 PM
Thank you all the for the comments.

I think I missed correcting the yellow cast. I did change the white balance and thought that should solve the problem, but it did not.

I corrected the same.

I agree that subject was too big in the frame, Unfortunately I did not get a chance to move as she was off in a flash and I was using 300 f/4 with 1.4x TCIII on a crop sensor camera.

Thanks
Krishna