PDA

View Full Version : Dunlin

Isaac Grant
10-14-2017, 03:23 PM
While on the East Pond with Arthur Morris last week we were photographing different birds at the same time. Funny he posted a picture of a White-rumped Sandpiper with its wings down and tail cocked and at almost the same time I shot this Dunlin doing the same thing. This is not a pose that I have seen these shorebirds ever really do. Not sure what was going on.

Canon 1DX and Canon 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 1250, F8, SS 1/2000.

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS.

Jonathan Ashton
10-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Good and sharp I am not too sure about the colours, is there a slight cyan cast?

Bill Dix
10-15-2017, 05:11 PM
Nice pose, light. Great wavelet. Well captured.

Daniel Cadieux
10-15-2017, 05:26 PM
This is not a pose that I have seen these shorebirds ever really do. Not sure what was going on.

You and Artie were there!!:t3

Kidding aside, I do like the pose. Nice light and the IQ is top notch. Perfect head angling subtly towards us. Overall a tad centered, I guess you wanted to keep more of the wave at left, but I think it would have been OK to sacrifice some of it to place the Dunlin closer to that edge.

Stu Bowie
10-16-2017, 02:01 PM
Hi Isaac, lovely low perspective, good feather detail showing up, and overall, nice and sharp. I like how the wave below and behind the bird follows the line of the underside and tail of the bird.

Isaac Grant
10-16-2017, 02:07 PM
I am not sure Jonathan. The water was really this color. There was a clear blue sky and the reflections off of the water were beautiful. I only lowered the yellows on the bird a little because in the setting sun it was just super saturated. But I am not sure how it shows on different monitors.