PDA

View Full Version : Sandwich Tern Diving For Fish

Joseph Przybyla
10-11-2017, 05:59 PM
I captured this image on the bay fishing pier at Ft. De Soto County Park in Pinellas County, Florida. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/2500 F/5.6 Matrix Metering EV +1/3 ISO 280
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

gail bisson
10-11-2017, 06:15 PM
You did very well to get this fast diving position.
Image looks dark and I would increase the exposure. I would also try to sharpen up the head-it is sharp but not
'tack sharp".
Composition is good for my taste, Gail
PS. I am on my laptop and realize that my monitor brightness may be showing the image as too dark...

Glenn Pure
10-11-2017, 11:27 PM
The action and pose here is great Joe. Brightness looks fine on my monitor. This one does look a bit soft to me though - maybe a bit of motion blur as I guess the bird was moving pretty fast here? Framing and composition work well for me and you have handled the colour and tone skillfully, as usual! Thanks for sharing.

Steve Kaluski
10-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Hi Joe, I like the colour palette here and the inclusion of the horizon is a nice addition. Agree that the subject looks a tad soft, perhaps not quite 'looked on', or is this a hefty crop? If you brighten it just be careful of the whites in the body. I do however like the yellow tip of the beak, just breaks the overall colour up.

TFS
Steve

William Dickson
10-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Hi Joe, I agree it is a wee bit soft, but what a terrific flight pose you captured, you can 'feel' the speed. Lovely colours throughout.

Will

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Very Interesting image. It conveys the motion.
Thank you for sharing.

Joseph Przybyla
10-14-2017, 06:23 PM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.