PDA

View Full Version : Osprey and prey

Jay Ing
10-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Was out a Fort Meyers Beach, Florida last week. A few Osprey were out doing there thing. Twas' nice to have a few days out. Glad to see that portion of FL was not as heavily hit also.

D500 + Sigma 500/4, 1/2000, 5.6 (this setting was a mistake and hurt my Pelican shots! :(...), 700mm

Joseph Przybyla
10-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Nice image, Jay. The HA, the fish turned towards the viewer, the post processing all look great. Thank you for sharing.

William Dickson
10-10-2017, 03:41 PM
I agree with Joe here, all looks good to me. Love the facial expressions on both bird and fish. Well done.

Will

Glenn Pure
10-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Having prey in the talons really adds to this frame, Jay. Great wing position and head angle add to it. The only really minor issue I can see is that critical focus appears to be on the foreground wing, part way along it -sometimes hard to pick on these posted shots though. The head looks just a whisker soft to me but don't know what the RAW looks like. As such, I wonder if a slightly smaller aperture would have helped here? Tone, colour and composition look great. Thanks for sharing.

Michael Thompson
10-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Nice capture of one with the fish! good lighting and sharpness. I was down there this spring and there were osprey everywhere flying around, but none caught a fish while I had the camera ready!

Krishna Prasad kotti
10-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Nice Shot. Prey, wing position looks good.

Thanks for sharing