PDA

View Full Version : Beauty Creating Beauty

Gordon Craig
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
I took this picture in my back yard last week while doing yardwork. It had just finished raining a lot and I believe there had also been some lightening. It was during that time when the colors in plants can sometimes be very vivid. This particular rose had been completely covered by a grape leaf and was still dry. I believe that is why the colors came out so strong in this picture. It was shot with a Canon 5D, 100 mm Canon lens on a Manfrotto tripod. The aperture was 8.0. the ISO was 100, and the shutter speed was 1 sec.

Kind Regards,
Gordon

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi Gordon,
For me the OOF front petal detracts a bit from the overall image as it does clip some of the stamen......or is it pistels???..........very nice vibrant color and soft feel to the petals with just enough sharpness where necessary.

Robert O'Toole
06-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I like the design of the image and the subject. The OOF bits dont bother me as much as the strong color cast and the darkenss. The image looks way too dark.

Robert

Robert O'Toole
06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Minus a ton of blue in curves and lightened the midtones in Curves in PS CS3. also -5% sat.

I think is looks much pleasant, not perfect but its an improvement.

Robert

Gus Cobos
06-22-2008, 07:48 AM
I like the repost from Robert...keep them coming...:cool:

Bruce Murden
06-22-2008, 10:59 AM
After the rain is an excellent time to capture florals and small landscapes. I love how the colors come out so much better, especially when it's still cloudy (providing the wind stops -- always the bane of the floral photogs). Good rework by Robert -- shows how a different look (sort of like proofreading) can help you see more and make more of your images.
Keep posting!

Stephen Stephen
06-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Nice image Gorden and I like Robert's colour correction.

Mike Moats
06-24-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey Gordon, I like the comp and great color, I don't think the light is bad as is but I think Roberts repost also looks good.