PDA

View Full Version : Winter is coming ....

Andreas Liedmann
10-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Hello folks ...
I like to present an image of an Alpine marmot i took recently in Filzmoos ( Austria ) , been there last year too as you might know .
This year it was already cooler even if i was there two weeks earlier , the marmots already collected food for the winter hibernation . A behavior i did not see during my last visit .
Hope you like it .

Canon EOS 1Dx II
EF 200 - 400 IS L at 320 MM
HH

F 8 ; Iso 4000 ; 1/2000 sec
Overcast day

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS CC 2017 ; cropped for comp and one grass stem removed

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous thread

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
10-05-2017, 02:47 PM
So good, I really like it Andreas.
Beautiful detail and textures, superb tonality. Perfect framing IMO...This ticks all the boxes for me, Boetie. Wonderful techs and PP work as expected, what a pleasure to view:cheers:

Really greedy fellow, LOL. He is in great condition and ready for winter. Those paws together...too cute!

You really nailed this:bg3: Cannot remember when last I nitpicked on your images, do you?

Have a wonderful week-end,

Your African Sister

Colin Driscoll
10-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Lovely shot, great low POV and narrow DOF, soft light and detail. Plus high interest value.

Glenn Pure
10-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Wonderful frame, Andreas. There are so many things I like: the pose and mouth full of grass, POV with contrasting background and foreground, beautiful light and perfect framing and composition. As usual, your IQ, tones and colours are excellent. This little chap must have been close though for you to use your lens at 320mm! Must have been a great experience.

dankearl
10-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Really like the subject. Wish all the foliage was sharp, but minor...

Andreas Liedmann
10-06-2017, 02:38 AM
Thanks so much folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .

Gabriela ....cannot say when you did it last time :w3, you have to be more critical with my images :t3:S3:. There is always something that could be improved .....

Glenn - no problem with these marmots , they are habituated at that location . Like the Wombats at Wilson´s Promontory ...:t3:S3:

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
10-06-2017, 06:50 AM
I am not much of a nit-picker:t3

Gabriela ....cannot say when you did it last time :w3, you have to be more critical with my images :t3:S3:. There is always something that could be improved .....

Cheers Andreas[/QUOTE]

Mike Poole
10-06-2017, 07:05 AM
I think the level of shots here has made us ALL nit-pickers! :eek3:

Great shooting angle Andreas, glad you've got some more Marmots to share with us, techs as good as always, you really do have a knack of bringing out lovely fur detail. My only nit (:t3) is the Marmot is a little large in the frame for my taste, personally I would have preferred just a little more negative space around him/her.

The chewing on the grasses has added a nice extra layer of interest.

Hopefully more to share - I know you took more than one shot!

Mike

Rachel Hollander
10-06-2017, 07:13 AM
Hi Andreas - What a lovely portrait of this marmot with an added behavior for interest. Tones and details look good. Only small point for me is that I would prefer a sliver more room below. Nice one overall.

TFS,
Rachel

Frank Schauf
10-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Great picture, nice deep shooting position in front of a perfect background.

haseeb badar
10-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Hi Andreas -- this is so nicely done, loved the subject and all the stuffing in its mouth , nice clean BKG , lovely colours and nice tones. Just like Rachel I too would prefer some more space at the bottom of the frame . A lovely image overall .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
10-07-2017, 11:46 AM
Hi Andreas, they are fun these guys, glad you got a chance to get back with them. I like the low POV and framing, a tad more below and to the LHS for if possible? With the angle of the body and lens distance I reckon you were about 20-30m away, so going f6.3 you would have gained more DoF and so all the grasses would have been sharp and the BKG still lovely and soft.

Nice one. :cheers:

TFS
Steve