PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Egret

Tim Foltz
10-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Canon 1DMKIII • 500 mm • 1/3200 • f/5.6 • ISO 250 • handheld • manual

Another Snowy Egret this time with a dragonfly.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

Vaughn Stamm
10-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Tim; I really enjoy the egrets but I especially appreciate the added bonus of the dragonfly. Good job capturing this moment, I really like it!

Daniel Cadieux
10-04-2017, 07:57 PM
Yes, that dragonfly is pretty cool! I suppose a lower angle would have been good too, but that's just me...I'd certainly be happy with this.

Tim Foltz
10-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Yes, that dragonfly is pretty cool! I suppose a lower angle would have been good too, but that's just me...I'd certainly be happy with this.

Thanks Daniel, I was already in 3" of mud and didn't want to get any lower, sure would have been nice though. :S3:

-Tim

Glenn Pure
10-05-2017, 01:55 AM
Great frame, Tim with really nice tones and plumage definition on the bird. Details is excellent and that dragonfly in the bill really tops this off - all contrasted nicely against the dark-ish water. A frame I'd be very happy with. Thanks for sharing.

Tomasz Zawadzki
10-05-2017, 02:06 AM
The dragonfly is really cool. I wonder how it would look with lower angle. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Cubert
10-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Love looking at these birds - they are showy! I always seem to get them in water that has all kinds of debris that distracts and I really like the way the water looks in this one. In addition the dragonfly in his mouth adds a lot to the frame. I am curious as to how you compensate for exposure on these white birds. I have been underexposing but feel my exposures aren't really spot on at this point. Do you bring down the highlights much in post typically?

Tim Foltz
10-05-2017, 09:22 PM
Love looking at these birds - they are showy! I always seem to get them in water that has all kinds of debris that distracts and I really like the way the water looks in this one. In addition the dragonfly in his mouth adds a lot to the frame. I am curious as to how you compensate for exposure on these white birds. I have been underexposing but feel my exposures aren't really spot on at this point. Do you bring down the highlights much in post typically?

Kathy I try to expose for the lightest colors in the image, because if you wash out the whites there's nothing to bring back in post.

-Tim