PDA

View Full Version : coyote

Dave Slaughter
06-21-2008, 03:13 PM
Coyote by Soda Butte creek, Yellowstone.
Canon 400D
400mm f5.6 lens.

Alfred Forns
06-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Dave Would suggest working on the eyes a bit Not sure how many other poses you were able to make, would like to see the feet without the overlapping

If he went further into the stream sure hope you made some there !!! Always like encountering these guys !!

Grady Weed
06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Dave, A few suggestions. Would you kindly post your exif data, ISO, Shutter Speed, AV, Exposure if dialed in, how much of a crop is it or is this full frame. etc. This will help in our commenting as to what you could do differently, if anything. If we suggest a larger crop and you dont have it, then we say foolish things. :)

I realy like wolves! Coyotes too! It would be nice to se all 4 legs and fet individualy without overlap. Or in the stream looking more to the right or left. Either way, this is a nice photo. Thanks for sharing.

James Shadle
06-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Dave,
Beautiful animal!

The exposure looks good and you did pick a beautiful subject.
IMO a little more USM and a " looser" crop would make this a stronger image.

Thanks for sharing,
James

Sabyasachi Patra
06-23-2008, 02:39 AM
I guess this is a big crop. The eyes portion appears to be soft. As pointed in previous posts, kindly post the exif, ISO etc for us to comment better.

D. Robert Franz
06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Looks to me that your plane of focus is behind the coyote on the rocks.. Might need to test the camera lens combo for backfocus and if ti's happning regularly a trip to canon is required... Great subject by the way..

Robert Amoruso
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Dave,

On the focusing question, try to use a single sensor that you can place on the face or eye as that will give you better control of critical focus.

Van Hilliard
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
All of the above are valid points and I agree with them but I don't think you should take the advice as saying this isn't a good photo. I really like it. I like the color, the position of the coyote in the photo and the surroundings. I especially like the way the pebbles (rocks?) and water provide for an unusual and eye-catching setting.