PDA

View Full Version : Landing Eagle

susanschermer
06-21-2008, 02:44 PM
This image was created (not shot) on the "Birds as Art" Bear Boat trip with Robert O'Toole. I didn't want to trump Robert's eagle, but since mine was the same, I chose another posture. We had great conditions and a fantastic trip.

Fabs Forns
06-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Very nice detail, Susan, I'd probably place the Eagle ore to the right of the frame. Glad you had a great time!!!!
Hope to see you in the filed soon :)

Axel Hildebrandt
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Great light, landing pose and the grass adds to it. I would sharpen the bird a bit more and put him a bit further to the right in the frame, alternatively a vertical crop might work, too.

Hugh J McLaughlin
06-21-2008, 03:43 PM
pretty light and a ton of detail, Susan. Compostion has already been covered.

Hugh

Doug Brown
06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Nicely done Susan! Agree with Fabs' and Axel's suggestions. Look forward to meeting you in the near future.

Arthur Morris
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Excellent advice above to which I would add that the BKGR looks a bit blotchy and the iris could stand to be lightened. I like the inclusion of the grasses in the frame.

Judy Lynn Malloch
06-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Hey Susan big welcome back. If this is any example of what you captured on your trip then I can not wait to see them all < smile > Beautiful action and I too love the touch of grass in the foreground. Really a lovely touch. Excellent detail and good exposure. Definitely a keeper !!!!

susanschermer
06-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Actually I agree with all of you. I chose another image from the same eagle-landing and fixed most of your criticisms. I added canvas to the left of the frame, pumped up the eye (maybe a little too much). I like this pose better.

Arthur Morris
06-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Good job. Much better. I love this wing position. Maybe a tad too light-SH/H on the near-underwing. I will try to find out who has your sunglasses--probably Chuck...

Sabyasachi Patra
06-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I loved the second one better due to the position in the frame and also due to the spread out wing position. The grass adds a lot to the picture. Nice shot.

Doug Brown
06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Another vote for #2 Susan. I might remove the OOF dandelion? in the grass below the left wing.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-22-2008, 12:45 PM
I like the pose in the second one much better. I agree with Doug regarding the OOF brown patch that could go and the sky looks a bit noisy.

Robert O'Toole
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I like the second image more Susan, very nice. A pleasure to have you on the trip, you had a great attitude and were always a pleasure to photography with.

Agree with Axel on the sky, just a little noisy.

Robert