PDA

View Full Version : Theme Just another white bird.

Robert Kimbrell
09-28-2017, 05:13 PM
1DX 600F4
1/2500, F9, ISo 800

Reddish Egret Juvenile
I took this image back in July. We found a nest in a heavily populated area. Within days of his fledge, he was near tame and mixing in with the Snowy Egrets and begging for treats from the fishermen with cast nets. I was surprised he never did attract much attention from the local birders and photographers. The fishermen could have cared less, but had lots of questions about the big white lenses.

gail bisson
09-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Perfect HA and I love the clean crisp blues and the whites.
Good comp and lovely DOF.
I think you can tease out a bit more detail in the whites of the shoulder and I would remove a bit (not a lot as there is meant to be some shadowing there) of the blue cast on the back.
TFS. I enjoyed the wispy crown feathers as well,
Gail

Marina Scarr
09-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Love this bird against that blue BG and all those wispy feathers. The angle is just perfect as well.

Daniel Cadieux
09-29-2017, 04:33 PM
I love the comp and beautiful blue BG. The wisps of hair add character to this individual. A bit better light angle would have nicely lit the bill, and I agree there may be more details hiding in the brightest whites.

Glenn Pure
09-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Beautiful shot, Robert. The detail you've captured particularly around the head is really excellent. Combined with the plain contrasting background really makes this one stand out for me. Agree a touch more detail on the shoulder would be nice but that doesn't detract significantly for me. Lovely work and thanks for sharing.