PDA

View Full Version : Theme Cheetahs

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-27-2017, 11:16 AM
A pair of Cheetahs relax on a hill at Masai Mara.
5D III
700mm
1/1600
f/8
ISO 800

Steve Kaluski
09-27-2017, 02:32 PM
Hi Sanjeev, a bit unfortunate about the radio collar, perhaps moving to your left the FG Cheetah may have hidden it, but then you may not have had a better view? Techs look good and the backdrop is a killer. As presented it works, likewise I can see a 16x10 too. Personally I would remove the blade of grass to the right of the Cheetah.

TFS
Steve

Gabriela Plesea
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Dear Sanjeev,

I love this frame, radio collar and everything:bg3: Maybe it is because I am so used to seeing so many collared animals around here lately, but I am just grateful they are monitored and a little safer from human predators...

Great techs, well framed (although I do agree with Steve, a 16x 10 would work beautifully) superb BG, lovely colours. What lovely mood here, with those two relaxing while still checking the surroundings...Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to grab a shot with cheetahs looking in the same direction? They almost never do, they are so weary of other predators (like lions) and cover each other's back at all times...

Not sure what time of the day this was captured. I would probably seek more depth and tone in terms of the subjects's coat, but all up to you. Well exposed, good choice of DoF, nice subtle PP work. Masai Mara is truly magic and you captured one lovely scene, I truly enjoyed viewing Sanjeev.

Kind regards,

D. Robert Franz
09-27-2017, 05:10 PM
Everything looks right on here. Nice lighting and composition. A few distracting grasses but what can you do. I'm ok with the collar, not much could be done about it. Overall well done!

Rachel Hollander
09-27-2017, 05:17 PM
Hi Sanjeev - They look fairly relaxed and what a sweet bg. I'm not a fan of radio collars but nothing you could really do about it and at least it's close to the colors of the cheetah. Agree you could easily go pano here for a nice alternative. Techs look good.

TFS,
Rachel

John Mack
09-28-2017, 11:39 AM
Someone is tracking that ones movement pretty neat. Like the composition here and the light.

Andreas Liedmann
09-28-2017, 02:42 PM
Hi Sanjeev .... sadly the collar kills this otherwise quite neat image .
Very nice " perch " :bg3: and a killer BG , for me the image could stand a bit more depth in the HL and a bit in the mid tones .
I am also seeing a pano ...:wave:

TFS Andreas

Glenn Pure
09-28-2017, 07:19 PM
Sanjeev, another wonderful cheetah sighting! Both the background and foreground are really excellent. Yes, the collar on the cheetah also detracts for me but I still like it a lot. I like the pose of the two animals in this shot also. IQ and colour look very good but the tones on the cheetahs look a little flat to me. Thanks for sharing.