09-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Canon 1dx mark II
Canon 500 f.4 Is II
1/800
1so 1600
f.20

D. Robert Franz
09-26-2017, 04:36 PM
Excellent image.. Good use of DOF here.. Well thought out.

dankearl
09-26-2017, 09:10 PM
Stylistically very well done....
Walking away works if the quality is this good.

Rachel Hollander
09-27-2017, 08:22 AM
Hi Gio - This is one of the best you have posted. Love the concept and you have executed it well. I'm sure it looks great blown up big. I would back off on the sharpening in this size as some of the wildebeests are looking a little crunchy.

TFS,
Rachel

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-27-2017, 11:18 AM
Nice one Giovanni. Well thought and executed image. Agree with Rachel regarding the crunchy look. Well framed and good exposure.

Gabriela Plesea
09-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Nice work Gio, I too like this scene! Would look good, printed on canvas.

Agree with comments above regarding the slightly crunchy appearance of the wildebeests, although not sure it is the sharpening that causes it or some other step in processing.

This must be one of your most memorable images in this Forum, nice colours and I like the trodden look of the subjects, a special frame indeed, and well composed - thank you so much for sharing!

Kind regards,

Glenn Pure
09-28-2017, 06:39 AM
Giovanni, this is such a refreshingly good image for me. Shot at f20 as well. It certainly paid of to produce a fabulous result. The contrast of the animals with the background, the colours and the feel of flow are all excellent. Note comments about 'crunchy' look. I does look that way to me but maybe too much contrast? Keeping that separation of animals from background is what makes this though so care needed in making any further adjustments. Again, this is really wonderful and thanks for sharing it.

John Mack
09-28-2017, 12:45 PM
Nice this works really well for me.

Andreas Liedmann
09-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Hi Gio ....looking very nice and overall balanced from the artsy POV ?
Well seen and executed in the field .
IQ is not that great to be honest , having the camera in mind ....just looks over processed with heavy contrast/ blacks and almost no fine detail . Where did the fine detail go that this camera produces ?
I would overthink my processing !!!!!!!

Cheers and TFS Andreas

Giovanni Frescura
09-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Hello Andreas ..thanks for your words. I will try to process again..
If you have any tips I will happy off course (or if you would like try with raw no problem off course.)
Gio

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2017, 08:39 AM
I tried again
which is better '..the first posted , 1bis or 1btris ..or nothing ?

Giovanni Frescura
09-30-2017, 08:40 AM
1tris

Glenn Pure
09-30-2017, 07:29 PM
These reposts look better to me. I like the colour balance in 1bis better. A worthwhile exercise to rework this as it is a fantastic shot.

Andreas Liedmann
10-01-2017, 01:37 PM
Hi Gio ....the reposts does look different , but to be honest not better from my POV .
Way too much contrast and still no fine detail in subjects or surroundings .
The blacks are choked up in all 3 versions ...ending wth a loss of detail , you might like that .
BTW not sure if it is a good idea to shoot with F 20 ......you might end up with a not ideal image to start with , as every lens has itīs sweet spot where its the sharpest .

I would go and start with less contrast ....and look that the histogram is not clipped on both ends .

TFS Andreas

haseeb badar
10-04-2017, 08:12 AM
Hi Gio -- I agree with Rachel and others , this is one of your best image on this forum so far especially composition wise . But i also agree with Andreas , the IQ is not ideal , looks very contrasty , just like your lioness hunting wildebeest image , similar to it the content is very good but the quality is suffering. TFS !

Giovanni Frescura
10-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Thanks haseeb i am very happy about the tips becouse it is only with those I could try better
What you think I could start again no using sharpening to verify if it is the bad ?
Do you think I could after send it to you for your help for comparation ?
Thanks
Giovanni

Giovanni Frescura
10-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Could be becouse I use
Filter/other/High pass/overlay ?