PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sunset sentinel

Marc Mol
09-24-2017, 05:20 AM
Lying flat on the ground gave me this wonderful perspective of a female White Rhino standing sentinel @ sunset over the plains somewhere in the Loisaba district- Northern Kenya.
Let's hope both species will still be around for many generations to come!

Ground level, F/F, curves, levels, TK adj's, De haze @15 selectively on the sky, ACR & PS CC'17.

Nikon D5
Nikkor 80-400 AF-S
1/640s
f/6.3
ISO250@ 112mm

Cheers
Marc

dankearl
09-24-2017, 10:55 PM
Nice and dramatic.
From your settings it appears you dialed this down a lot for nice effect.
A tiny halo..
Excellent POV.

Mike Poole
09-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Love the composition and the colours from the sky and in the foreground, great to see the Rhino from this angle. I agree with Dan that the masking on the Rhino could be a little neater but an easy fix.

Another excellent frame

Mike

Rachel Hollander
09-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Hi Marc - The low pov and the dramatic sky really take this up a notch. A small point but it would have been even better if the head was clear of the horizon:tinysmile_shy_t:. I also see the halo. Definitely worth cleaning it up.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
09-26-2017, 03:34 AM
Hi Marc -- WOW !! I just loved this perspective and what a magnificent looking animal ! dramatic sky , lovely hues in the grass , the windy effect in it , and the Rhino amongst all this, superbly done. Really dont see anything to improve upon apart from the nits pointed out by Rachel. I myself would love to have something like this . Just fell in love with this frame .

TFS !

Andreas Liedmann
09-26-2017, 10:10 AM
Hi Marc nice drama shot on all counts !!!!
Love the super low POV ....not very often posted here , great job on that .
I might up the exp slightly to the FG and subject , but keeping the overall mood .
TFS Andreas

D. Robert Franz
09-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Love the mood here. Very nice image with a few minor issues already discussed.. Pleasure to view!

Basil Dardagan
09-27-2017, 09:49 AM
I think this is a 'next level' wildlife image !! Its THE BEST image of a White Rhino i have ever seen. These magnificent animals are so hard to do justice to in photos however this does justice and more !!!

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
09-27-2017, 11:22 AM
Beautiful perspective and mood on display. I liked it a lot.

Gabriela Plesea
09-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Dear Marc,

A wonderful scene and I am moved tremendously by the statuesque presence of the subject. Well composed and POV is superb. Been staring at this for a while, earlier today. Usually when I am at work my receptivity to a scene lasts only minutes, this is because people interfere and thoughts of work intrude all the time. I was unaware of having this image fixed in my memory until this afternoon when I got home, before I even switched on the computer I could still "see" your rhino as clearly as if it stood before me.
Lovely work, Marc:cheers:

Kind regards,