PDA

View Full Version : Grey Catbird

Joseph Przybyla
09-20-2017, 02:23 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Florida. Another image that I captured last April. I wish the ends of the perch were sharp but as close as I was to this bird I do not think any reasonable aperture would have provided the depth of field needed. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 400mm
1/2000 F/8 Matrix Metering EV +2/3 ISO 4000 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017, cleaned up some out of focus branches in the background in Photoshop
Cropped slightly for composition and presentation

Roger Smith
09-20-2017, 02:34 PM
I loved watching this species during a visit to NJ this summer. They seemed to stalk me as a hiked in the stifling heat and humidity! I really like this capture, with the look back. Great subject isolation with a clean background. I might drop the image a bit lower in the frame if the capture permits. Great job.

Tim Foltz
09-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Joe, nice shot, sweet colors and details, nice BG, HA and catchlight. I agree if you have the room I would drop it down in the frame.

-Tim

Stu Bowie
09-21-2017, 09:24 AM
Hi Joe, love the pose with the raised tail, and you have brought out the finer plumage nicely. I would try and blend in the darker area of the BG infront of his chest, and another vote for taking a bit off the bottom.

Daniel Cadieux
09-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Yes, pointing the lens higher would have been a good thing here. Sharp, and I love the raised tail. I'd work on the masking of the branch as the outline looks cut-out in places due to the processing.