Tomasz Zawadzki
09-17-2017, 03:05 AM
Taken with:
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III
ƒ/10.0
1/1000
ISO 800

Haven't been on the forum in a while due to vacation and lots of work in the office.
Here is one of my favourite shots of that nice bird taken at Baltic Sea beach in early August.

Jonathan Ashton
09-17-2017, 04:10 AM
Nicely detailed , I like the very limited DOF it makes the subject stand out. The image looks a little yellow to me.

Tomasz Zawadzki
09-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Thanks.

I have decreased temp a bit. I think it is better.

Isaac Grant
09-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Nice pose and details. The light is great. Photo has color and comp issues for me. I think the legs are over saturated which is quite easy to have happen in evening light. Also I find photos where the shadow is cut off to be incomplete. I would prefer a looser crop where the whole shadow is there. Of course getting the photo with the sun at your back would have been more desirable. I might be tempted to apply some clockwise rotation as well. Shadow looks a bit blue to me and the bird still looks too yellow to me.

Daniel Cadieux
09-17-2017, 05:29 PM
The image does lean towards the yellows, but I love the low angle and image quality. I imagine the slope was natural?

Glenn Pure
09-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Terrific shot Tomasz. I do love the light at this time of day so I'm not bothered by the warmth in the colour as it fits. I think either the repost or the original work but maybe a slight preference to the repost. I do like the background here too with a few OOF highlights (pebbles, shells?). Nice low POV too. Birds with dark eyes and dark plumage around them are always a challenge but I think you've done fairly well with the tones here. I think the slightly off centre lighting here has brought out some nice feather detail. Your composition has rounded it off nicely. Great work and thanks for sharing.

Tomasz Zawadzki
09-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys. The slope was natural and white blurred stuff are shells. I did remove some blue, but i think it is still present a little in the shadow.