PDA

View Full Version : Gorge WaterFall II

John Mack
09-14-2017, 09:20 AM
This is the same waterfall as my last post. This is after about two inches of rain in under three hours. I dropped my polarizer in the water and couldn't find it. Probably went down in the gorge somewhere. About the same composition, i couldn't get as close because of the raging water.

Canon 5D MarkIII
Canon 24-105L F4 IS USM
28mm
ISO 100
f8.0
3.2sec

Don Railton
09-16-2017, 01:31 AM
Hi John

Sorry to hear about the filter...big oops. I prefer that last shot as it looks more 'relaxed, inviting'... This looks a lot more dynamic/dangerous and there is a lot less detail at the base of the waterfall (other than water..!). You also have processed the image a little differently I think as the greens are a little less vibrant than the previous post.. Still a nice image tho..

Don

Andrew McLachlan
10-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Hi John, I like this image quite a bit, although it really could have benefitted from the polarizing filter you dropped...oops and sorry to hear about that. I actually carry a spare polarizer with me just in case. I would suggest a small crop from the left to eliminate the small fern frond that is poking into the scene...such a crop would also eliminate the small stick that is laying on the rocks and make the cascade a little less centered.