PDA

View Full Version : Ocean's Patterns

Luis Patacao
09-13-2017, 06:25 PM
<tbody>
Hi everyone, its been a few months since i've posted here in BPN and to be honest this is my first post on Macro and flora forum. This picture was made in Lisbon, Portugal in a low tide, when the sea anemones have to adapt to the low sea levels.

Please write your sincere thoughts, thanks.

Tech:
Nikon D7000 plus 18-105mm

</tbody>

John Mack
09-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Neat colors here the pattern is quite interesting as well.

Jonathan Ashton
09-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Luis I really like the colours and the in focus areas are interesting to look at. I find the OOF areas a little distracting. I have to confess with this type of subject I am not the best person to offer critique. If I had seen this I too would also have photographed it but deciding how to portray the tentacles in a meaningful way is not easy.
In the techs it is a good idea to indicate focal length, ISO, +/-, aperture and shutter speed, this will help folk offer a more informed critique.

Glenn Pure
09-16-2017, 08:00 PM
I really think the colours and shapes here a wonderful. As mentioned by Jonathan, the limited depth of field here has produced significant parts that are out of focus and I feel this has weakened the image somewhat in spite of the overall appeal. Always nice to see something a bit different so thanks for sharing it.