PDA

View Full Version : Sanderlings

Tim Foltz
09-13-2017, 02:03 AM
1DMKIII • 500 mm • 1/2500 • f/5.6 • ISO 320 • handheld • manual

From a few years ago, these little guys would run up and down with the surf. I left in the specular highlights, I liked them on this shot.

Thanks for looking.

-Tim

gail bisson
09-13-2017, 04:25 AM
You have shown a good natural history. I always enjoy watching them scurrying up and down the beach and in and out of the surf, usually bunched together like this.
Love the clean sand and the shadow of the sanderling in the FG. Good POV and exposure on the whites.
If you are OK with the specular highlights then leave them in! Your photo, your vision. But...
If this was mine I would clone them out.
I am not usually a fan of OOF birds in the BG but you have good HA's on them which helps,
Gail

Jonathan Ashton
09-13-2017, 05:19 AM
A very clean image, I agree with Gail's comments, leaving me little to add other than I get the impression the image is a little cold, I feel a subtle warm up helps.

Stu Bowie
09-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Hi Tim, I lie the similar poses from all three Sanderlings, and well timed to have the raised foot on the near Sanderling. The near Sanderling is nice and sharp, well exposed on the whites, and I do like how the blues and browns work together.

Glenn Pure
09-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Lovely shot Tim. I like the rich tone of the sand contrasting with the birds, the surf froth and the blue water. I think the OOF birds work here as do the specular highlights. Thanks for sharing.