PDA

View Full Version : osprey with needlefish

annmpacheco
09-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Taken in the Everglades last year. Feeling somber about the devastation that Irma's wrath will bestow. Not the best angle with the sun and shooting up into these snags (shadows), but i liked the gripped needlefish and head turn.

Canon 1 Dx
600mm
ISO 640
f 8
1/2500

Bill Dix
09-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Nice looking Osprey. Agree with your self-critique, but the head turn and needlefish are great. Would have liked more room on the left for him to look into. Easy enough to add if you were so inclined, but I guess the trick would be what to do with just a stub of the second branch, and its shadow. Yes, I also wish everyone well in South Florida - people and birds alike - in the impending storm and surge.

David Salem
09-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Good self crit. Exactly the way I see it. The pose and the needlefish Trump the late shooting time and the steep shooting angle. Great to get her with that unique fish. Well done Ann

Daniel Cadieux
09-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Yes, good self-critique, but also good positives raised. That is certainly an awesome prey item you got this Osprey with!

Joseph Przybyla
09-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Beautiful Osprey and as Bill commented the Needlefish really adds to the image. If you were so inclined and ethics allow the stub of a snag and shadow could be removed in Photoshop. Nice image, Ann. Thank you for sharing.

Stu Bowie
09-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Hi Ann, good look back pose from the Osprey, and you have brought out the feather detail nicely. Great view of the needle fish, and with an open mouth. I like how its not touching the perch.