PDA

View Full Version : Theme Theme: Who are you ?

Eric Dienesch
09-07-2017, 02:09 AM
At the Moment i spend mostly all my freetime to visit a nearby small quarry. The reason is: three young eagle owls wildlife !
It will not take a long time anymore, that they will leave the quarry, but for now, i take every chance to be there.

It is very fascinating to observe the birds und the behavior. greatest problem: they become active when the lights get down, so it is everytime not easy to catch the light here.
But now i`m able to get very near to them, about 6-8m (20 to 25 feet) is possible.
i have made a few good in flight pictures, but this still one with direct looking is a little bit special for me:
i was sitting at the edge of the quarry in the last sunlight, when one of the chicks was flying from the other side of the quarry in my direction, sitting nearby and was just have a look to me. i was very lucky, also because the last warm sunlight reached the owl.
The background is sandstone, reason for the colour
Hope you like it a little bit. C+C are welcome.

PS:
Juvenile one: For that reason also with Theme Prefix :c3:
NIKON D5 with 70-200/2.8FL at 200mm f2.8, 1/1000sec, iso 4500, handheld

Mike Poole
09-07-2017, 10:06 AM
An interesting look at the youngster, must be great getting close up to these.

I quite like the peeping through the grass effect, but wish the grass covering the right eye (as we look) was less intrusive. I know I'm asking a lot!

Nice work Eric, I'd love to see some more

Mike

gail bisson
09-07-2017, 12:39 PM
Have to agree with Mike 100% about the grass over the eye.
Nice color palette and soft light.I like the way owl is leaning forward creating nice parallel lines with the grasses behind him.
I wouldn't mind a bit more room at the bottom ,
Gail

William Dickson
09-07-2017, 04:25 PM
I sort of like how the owl is framed. A different pose for sure. The eyes make the image. Very nice.

Will

Daniel Cadieux
09-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Man, this is great! I agree with the oof grass in front of the eye, as well as a touch more room below, but overall this is pretty darn good. I love the diagonal pose, and the large oof plant at right. Sounds like you are having lots of fun out there!

Eric Dienesch
09-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Thank you folks !! I am very happy, that you like this one.. i have now about 3000 Pictures from this place
AND Yes i had very much fun there..

had, because it seems so, that two of the three young eagle owls are away, only the youngest is still there but also more rarely, but thats ok, because nature and normal development, i hope they will stand against all odds
A little bit more room is possible, its nearly 1000Px minus from the whole 20MPix Image.

The grass yes, you are all right;
but what shall i do ? That was the situation there... ;)

THX again :bg3: