PDA

View Full Version : Theme Begging Common Tern

Isaac Grant
09-05-2017, 03:29 PM
On Staten Island there is a beach at Great Kills Park that has the beautiful and colorful rocks that line part of it. Fortunately it is also at a spot that gets the least traffic from beach goers and dog walkers so it is a place where birds tend to congregate. I got out there one evening a few weeks back and spent time watching and photographing the Common Tern show. The birds do not breed there but after the young fledge they spend a few weeks there every year. Taken in fading evening light.

Canon 1DX and Canon 500 f4 ii +1.4x iii. Tripod mounted while lying on the sand. F9, SS 1/2500, ISO 1000

Processed with DPP 4.6 and PS

Jim Crosswell
09-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I like the walking pose and the low angle ensured that the head is clear of the BG line. The feet and beak are complimented by the pebble colours. Excellent details and exposure control. Very well done Isaac.

Lorant Voros
09-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Nice pose and open begging beak. Super nice colors and nice warm light. Sweet work!

Glenn Pure
09-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Nice work here Isaac. I like the pose, low point of view and background. Light is always wonderful at that time of day - my favourite. Your IQ, tones and colours look really lovely too as does the composition. All round, a great shot - thanks for sharing.

Bill Dix
09-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Great calling pose, and the colors in lovely light add to the image. So does your usual low POV. Well done.

gail bisson
09-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Love the IQ of this image.
Very pretty color on the pebbles. I also like the tri-colour BG.
Great calling/walking pose ( with the foot just off the ground) and the light is wonderful.
No nits from me!
Gail

William Dickson
09-06-2017, 04:32 PM
IQ here is top notch. Love the colours throughout the image, and a very nice pose. Perfect POV.

Will