PDA

View Full Version : Theme Sandhill Colt

gail bisson
09-04-2017, 08:05 AM
Thought this would be fun for the theme.I took this in Florida in March 2017.
It's hard to make this little guy handsome !
Canon 1 DX 600mm
ISO 800 F 6.3 SS 1/2000
PP: Crop to FF vertical from landscape orientation, sliders in LR then off to CS5 for NR to BG, levels and and USM to JPEG. Nothing added or cloned.
Comments and critiques always appreciated and learned from with thanks,
Gail

Mike Poole
09-04-2017, 09:01 AM
I think you've done an excellent job in making this little fluff ball look handsome!

Gorgeous light and colours on him, and the below eye level view works perfectly.

I'm not too keen on where the dark stripe in the BG has landed, but I do like the way the fine feathers from the neck and chest look against the backdrop

Mike

Alex Becker
09-04-2017, 10:33 AM
Very handsome indeed! Nice detail throughout and a good look at the eye. I agree with Mike on the placement of the dark stripe but I also do like having a different / dark tone in the frame. That little wing is so cute. TFS

Bill Dix
09-04-2017, 12:29 PM
Gorgeous light, pose, detail, comp.

Joseph Przybyla
09-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Yup, lovely work Gail. Nice feather detail, exposure, killer background. Thank you for sharing.

Glenn Pure
09-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Wow, beautiful work here Gail. I like the background a lot here and not bothered by the position of the darker band. The sinuous shape of the bird is wonderful and really adds, not to mention the superb IQ, tones and colours. Nicely set off by your composition too. If there was one thing I could change here it would be to have the bird's head turned slightly towards the viewer - but that is really a 'splitting hairs' point - nothing you can do about it either.

Lorant Voros
09-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Cute...and perfect for me. Beautiful baby portrait!

Geoffrey Montagu
09-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Simply a beauty, Gail. Both your capture and the juvie. Beautiful light, detail, and BG.

Geoffrey

http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu (http://500px.com/geoffreymontagu)

Stu Bowie
09-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Hi Gail, certainly young enough to fit the theme. :w3 I really like the light in this, and your very low perspective works well. I like how you have cropped this - was this shot as is in camera, or cropped in PP? Its difficult to bring detail out of a fuzzball, but you have really make this little fellow pop. A fine image all round.

Isaac Grant
09-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Exactly what I expect from you Gail. Sharp, great light and beautifully framed. Colors all work perfectly. I've said it before but your shots just seem to have that something extra to them. Perhaps it is the womans touch and perspective that makes them special.

Jim Crosswell
09-05-2017, 07:19 PM
Excellent image Gail! I like the IQ, complimentary BG, details and composition.