PDA

View Full Version : Mayaro Sunrise Long Exposure

Mike Singh
09-04-2017, 07:02 AM
Hi All
This long exposure sunrise was taken in Mayaro, Trinidad.
10 Stop ND filter
30 sec, F8, ISO 100.
Canon 5DMkiii, Sigma 24-105 mm lens at 46mm, Tripod with 2 sec timer used.
Processed in LR: WB corrected, cropped top and bottom, exposure increased +0.3, highlights reduced, sky darkend with an ND filter (-0.3), clarity applied to the branch.

I would appreciate your CCs.

Mike

John Mack
09-05-2017, 06:58 PM
The soft water is nice here and the branch is a nice touch. Wish there wasn't so many clouds in the sky so more color could come through.

Don Railton
09-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Hi Mike, I like that you have 'composed' this with the stick in the FG nicely positioned for me anyway. I agree with JM that a little more colour would lift the image more, but in lieu of that I would consider lightening the RHS a little more as it's dark I feel and maybe a little selective sharpening on the clouds only....

Don

Mike Singh
09-06-2017, 02:52 AM
The soft water is nice here and the branch is a nice touch. Wish there wasn't so many clouds in the sky so more color could come through.

Thanks John. Unfortunately the weather was not the best that morning. At one stage we were in danger of the clouds blocking out the sun completely. You just have to make the best of the conditions you are presented with.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Singh
09-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Hi Mike, I like that you have 'composed' this with the stick in the FG nicely positioned for me anyway. I agree with JM that a little more colour would lift the image more, but in lieu of that I would consider lightening the RHS a little more as it's dark I feel and maybe a little selective sharpening on the clouds only....

Don

Thanks Don. I will have a look at your suggestion. That stick is a massive trunk, an adult can sit on it!
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew McLachlan
09-07-2017, 02:41 PM
Hi Mike, a simple and effective composition. Do wish for better sunrise color but you did very nicely with what you were presented with. I also like the distant rain storm too :)

Mike Singh
09-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Hi Mike, a simple and effective composition. Do wish for better sunrise color but you did very nicely with what you were presented with. I also like the distant rain storm too :)
Thanks Andrew.
Mike