View Full Version : Buzzard in Habitat.

William Dickson
09-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Canon 1DX
f/4 500mm with 1.4
f/5.6
1/1250
ISO 1600

I knew if I went closer to this bird, it would fly off, and thats exactly what happened. Because of the beautiful location it had perched, I decided to keep it small in frame. Captured at Glen Quaich, Perthshire.

Will

Glenn Pure
09-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Wonderful shot, William - the background, heather adding a splash of colour, the rock, the bird's pose and great IQ. Your composition sets it off nicely and has created a lovely shot where others might have simply given up because of the inability to get much closer.

Steve Kaluski
09-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Very nice indeed Will, but if you do apply NR then just to the BKG, avoid applying it to the grass & heather to the LHS and the clump on the rock. Surprised you needed to at ISO1600.

Captured at Glen Quaich, Perthshire.

Perthshire the best location on the planet Will :bg3:.

Mike Poole
09-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Small in frame has worked superbly here Will, I really like this frame. The look out onto the BG fits well in the shot, and the little area bottom left has the interest the frame needed with the heather.

Mike

Alex Becker
09-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Really nice -- I love the perch, BG, and general setting and a really great look at the eye all make small in frame very attractive here. I could see a bit less NR as some areas of the rocks and grass look a bit too heavy. TFS

Stuart Philpott
09-04-2017, 12:42 PM
For such a common bird here now aren't they hard to get close to. I think your thought process was spot on Will,and the frame beautiful in execution,everything works mate,bird position bkg,fore too. It utterly matters not that is is small in frame,well seen, well thought, out cracking for me this one Will !!

stu

William Dickson
09-06-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Will