PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch Sitta europaea

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2017, 05:49 AM
Camera & lens clamped, taken from back garden hide, after some considerable time I managed to tempt them with sunflower hearts.
Canon 1DX Canon 500mm f4 L IS II ISO 1600 1/1600 sec f8.

Bill Dix
09-01-2017, 08:15 AM
A beautiful little bird, much like our Red-breasted Nuthatch. Lovely pose, perch and background. I wonder if adding a few points of black to bird and perch would eliminate the slightly pale look.

Mike Hitchen
09-01-2017, 08:58 AM
You have managed to capture a pose that really complements both the the shape and energy of these little birds.

Jonathan Ashton
09-01-2017, 09:04 AM
Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Bill I did in fact add Blacks-black and Neutral-black, it was quite pale, I also "sponged" the bird a couple of times. Is suspect the plumage will become more striking during winter through spring.

Alex Becker
09-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Sweet pose BG and perch. I love the look at the eye as well. On the left hand side as viewed slightly above the perch around where the foot is I see some artifacts or texture that catches my eye. TFS a lovely shot

William Dickson
09-01-2017, 06:41 PM
Lovely looking image Jon. Fab perch and BG. Great detail on the bird and a wonderful pose. So different from the usual Nuthatch images.

Will

Glenn Pure
09-01-2017, 09:17 PM
Wow, what a wonderful shot. I love the perch and pose. No problems with how the tone and colour of the bird look to me but I don't know the species. IQ absolutely tops.

Jonathan Ashton
09-02-2017, 04:05 AM
Sweet pose BG and perch. I love the look at the eye as well. On the left hand side as viewed slightly above the perch around where the foot is I see some artifacts or texture that catches my eye. TFS a lovely shot
I haven't been monkeying around Alex (?)

Mike Poole
09-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Different to the normal nutty pose, quite refreshing even! Lovely lichen covered perch and the BG suits the shot well. I also though the bird looked a bit pale, but that could be down to individual colouring

Mike

gail bisson
09-02-2017, 11:45 AM
All been said.
IQ is excellent and nice to see him on the (beautiful) horizontal branch instead of the usual vertical pose.
I too, thought the bird looked pale but trust your judgement on that one. Perhaps our NA nuthatches are naturally darker?
Gail