PDA

View Full Version : Theme More Antics of the Cubs

Rachel Hollander
08-30-2017, 07:46 AM
I thought I would get in another theme image before the month ends tomorrow.

Canon 7D2
100-400 II @ 400mm
1/1250
f7.1
ISO 800
HH, ff, levels, curves, TK lumo masks, sharpened in PSCC.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

John Mack
08-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Cool bears the one on the left looks wetter than the right one.

Sanjeev Aurangabadkar
08-30-2017, 12:38 PM
A fun image Rachel, though not the best from your bear series. I like the up side down pose & that hint of an eye.

Glenn Pure
08-30-2017, 09:08 PM
Another nice interaction captured here, Rachel. I like the rare view of the underside of a rear foot and the colour variation between the cubs. IQ is great. Grass tones look good to me in this shot too. Thanks for sharing.

Rachel Hollander
08-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Thanks John, Sanjeev and Glenn, much appreciated.

Gabriela Plesea
08-31-2017, 01:02 PM
Hello Rachel,

Love the behavioural aspect of this frame as well as mood/cheerfulness of the moment. Those two seem so carefree as they explore their surroundings (BTW it looks like a rich and well nourished habitat).

Also interesting to see the variation in colour between the siblings. The interaction is great, it would have been good if the eyes were more visible but the action certainly makes up for it.

Techs look great, so is the PP work here. I never have enough of those images Rachel... please keep them coming!

Warmest regards,

Steve Kaluski
09-03-2017, 04:12 AM
Hi Rachel, I like the antics and playfulness you have capture here. But as presented I feel it's too tight to the LHS and so either pulling back on the zoom or just recomposing would have addressed this very easily, there is just too much dead space to the RHS sadly. In addition adding some Luminosity adjustments with bring the depth required, it's looking a bit 'bright' overall and so getting the contrast (figuratively speaking, not saying add Contrast) back in helps.

TFS
Steve

Rachel Hollander
09-05-2017, 07:02 PM
Thanks Gabriela and Steve. Steve, as indicated in the intro I already applied TK lumo masks here, taking on board suggestions on other images from the same sighting.

Thanks again,
Rachel