PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Yellowlegs Dragging Vegetation.

Daniel Cadieux
08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
The slowish SS did blur the moving foot, but I'm OK with it. This fella dragged the vegetation around for quite a while, once in a while pausing to shake the feet to get rid them. It did, eventually, succeed.

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, small crop after CW rotation, usual eye work including enhancing the catchlight.

John Whaley
08-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Flat out gorgeous. Yellowlegs perfection. Nothing to add except a question: there is a soft quality to this and other images you post. Are you applying some type of mask to the image?

William Dickson
08-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Another lovely looking frame Dan. Fantastic POV, as usual. I love the raised leg, not sure about the motion blur, but I suppose it adds movement to the foot. Lovely pose and I do like the greens on the vegetation.

Will

John Mack
08-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Nice low angle the raised foot is nice as well.

Glenn Pure
08-27-2017, 06:05 PM
Daniel, being fairly new here and unfamiliar with your work, I'm now seeing a pattern and I like your style a great deal (only wish I could emulate)! I think the blur on the foot actually adds to the shot so good choice here. Nice sharp, well framed shot with excellent IQ. The only thing I'd reconsider if it was mine is the green which looks a touch fluorescent in places. I'd be tempted to tone that down a bit - but perhaps it really did look that bright and intense?

Daniel Cadieux
08-29-2017, 04:36 AM
Thanks guys!

John, no mask, but sometimes I do forget to note that I apply NR to the BG only - perhaps that is effect you are seeing here.

Glenn, good point about the greens. They are thin and somewhat see-through therefore some light does seep through creating a slight "glow" but they can certainly be toned down.