PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Head off the House of Refuge

Don Lacy
08-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Sorry for my absence it has been to long since I participated on here hopefully I can find time to take and share some images. I was able to get out and meet a friend for a morning shoot at the House of Refuge on Hutchinson Island in Stuart Florida. At the time I thought the morning was a bust as we had no color and no strong lightning strikes from this magnificent thunder head that was off shore. In fact I left the SD card in the camera for days before I finally pulled it out and downloaded the images. Much to my surprise I started to see some frames I liked of the foreground water and rocks and that I had managed to capture the thunder head with some nice glow from internal lightning. I picked the best foreground image and blended it with the best thunder head image and as I worked on the file the image just came together nicely. So here it is hope you enjoy it.

Canon 6D, 16- 35mm at 16mm, two images hand blended then my usual workflow of luminosity mask and tonal adjustments.

John Mack
08-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Love the clouds and the leading line with the soft water nice light as well.

Don Railton
08-30-2017, 07:57 AM
Don, Those clouds are superb..! beautiful soft colour and lots of definition...I think I would recompose this shot to have less of the FG black rock and place more emphasis on those Clouds..

DON

John Whaley
08-31-2017, 02:18 PM
I find it a compelling image. I like the long exposure soft water and the early morning light but the dramatic cloud structure makes it special.

Mike Singh
09-04-2017, 07:10 AM
Hi Don
A nicely blended image. I like the long exposure of the water on the shore with the background clouds. I think cropping out the dryland to where the water meets it focuses the eye more on the 2 key elements of the composit.

Mike

Andrew McLachlan
09-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Beautifully executed Don!!!

Michael Thompson
09-09-2017, 09:07 PM
great! love the colors, dramatic cloud towers, the wave action, nice!