PDA

View Full Version : Theme Common Loon

Michael Thompson
08-25-2017, 09:08 AM
I saw this loon eating a bluegill last weekend. then a chick popped up behind it, and the adult crammed it down its throat! I would have liked to get that shot! I also would have liked to be at a lower angle, and would loved to have had more of the fishes eye visible, but like the rolling stones, I can't always get what I want!:e3:w3 Canon- 7d ll, 100-400ll, 1.4xlll, 560mm f 9.0, 1/2000, 1000 iso, lightroom, also used photoshop to remove an ugly strand of grass that was also caught along with the fish.

Stu Bowie
08-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Hi Michael, lovely eye to go with the theme, and I do like the exposure on the head. The droplets add interest. I can see a bit of noise on the dorsal fin of the fish.

Alex Becker
08-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Great look at the eye with the prey item and exp on whites and blacks look nice. I'm also seeing some noise throughout (fish, etc, etc) was this a larger crop? If so dialing it back could help. Lovely shot, hope I can get some of these guys next year. TFS

Michael Thompson
08-26-2017, 03:36 PM
Great look at the eye with the prey item and exp on whites and blacks look nice. I'm also seeing some noise throughout (fish, etc, etc) was this a larger crop? If so dialing it back could help. Lovely shot, hope I can get some of these guys next year. TFS

Thanks. I may have used too much sharpening. -MT