PDA

View Full Version : Theme Beautiful bird with anger management issues !!

Jay Shah
08-19-2017, 04:35 AM
This beautiful bird was aggressively chasing away pigeons and common mynah much bigger than it's size. So I thought this would be appropriate image to share for our theme of the month. I do have images where the leaves are forming better background, but then expression is missing !?!

I shot this in wild in Singapore but certainly it is a released bird as it is far from its home in Africa.

C&C welcome and appreicated.

Nikon D500, Nikon 600 mm F4
1/640, f8, ISO 640.

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-19-2017, 04:52 AM
The really bright BG is quite distracting, I'd also be tempted to leave more space in the LRC.

Love the expression though!

Glenn Pure
08-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Nice work Jay - a stunning bird, pin sharp with gorgeous colouring not to mention the great expression. Like Akos, the background is not ideal also a bit tight in the frame for me. If it was mine, I'd be tempted to drop the contrast a bit too.

Daniel Cadieux
08-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Good comments above that I agree with. That expression though!

Jay Shah
08-21-2017, 06:34 AM
Thank you Daniel. Agree with your comments. I posted another image with a different pose. Please let me know what you think.

Jay Shah
08-21-2017, 06:35 AM
Thanks Glenn. Yes, BG is so dsitracting that it does take away a great deal from the image. Have posted another one. Please let me know what you think.