PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron In Flight

Joseph Przybyla
08-18-2017, 04:03 PM
I captured this image at Circle B Bar Reserve just a couple minutes after my previous post of a Green Heron. Comments and critique welcomed and appreciated. Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D500
Nikon 80-400mm F/4.5-5.6 VRII AF-S ED shot at 280mm
1/2000 F/7.1 Matrix Metering +1 EV ISO 1000 AWB, camera supported by a monopod
Post processed in Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC 2017
Cropped for composition and presentation

William Dickson
08-18-2017, 07:02 PM
I like this Joe. Love how the bird has just left the lovely perch. Great colours and BG. Looks like the critical focus point was to the right of the frame, as that seems sharper than the head of the bird. I would sharpen the bird a little.

Will

Ákos Lumnitzer
08-19-2017, 05:01 AM
I feel the head is sharp and it appears to be on the same plane as the vegetation? What may be off putting is the OOF wings due to movement. IAC, I love the pose and the wings are in a nice position as well.
Overall, it is really a nice and dynamic image Joe!

Doug Brown
08-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Very dynamic pose and nice habitat. I could see a bit more clarity slider (midtone contrast), and a slightly better head angle would improve the image.

Joseph Przybyla
08-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Thanks everyone for viewing and commenting, very much appreciated.

Doug, here is a repost with +10 clarity on just the bird.

gail bisson
08-20-2017, 09:48 AM
I think this is great. The raised crest and forward wing position add a great dynamism to the image.
I love the feet and the great BG- so nice and clean of the usual messy environment these guys like to hang out in.
I think you should go for a repost with clarity of +5 instead of +10,
Gail

Joseph Przybyla
08-20-2017, 07:38 PM
I think this is great. The raised crest and forward wing position add a great dynamism to the image.
I love the feet and the great BG- so nice and clean of the usual messy environment these guys like to hang out in.
I think you should go for a repost with clarity of +5 instead of +10,
Gail

Hi Gail, + 5 clarity does improve the image. Thank you for the suggestion. For more take a look at the Story Sequences forum, more images posted there.